North America (close-up)
South America (close-up)
Asia/Middle East area (close-up)
Current COVID-19 statistics
|Currently infected||Cases with outcome|
|68,878 (92%)||75,919 (93%)|
|Serious or Critical||Deaths|
|5,888 (8%)||5,835 (7%)|
Updates since the last post
Age and risk of the virus by age
|Age||Death rate (confirmed cases)||Death rate (all cases)|
|80+ years old||21.9%||14.8%|
|70-79 years old||8.0%|
|60-69 years old||3.6%|
|50-59 years old||1.3%|
|40-49 years old||0.4%|
|30-39 years old||0.2%|
|20-29 years old||0.2%|
|10-19 years old||0.2%|
|0-9 years old||no fatalities|
Death rate = number of deaths / number of cases = probability of dying if infected by the virus in percentages (%).
This probability differs depending on the age group.
The percentages shown do not have to add up to 100%, as they do not represent the share of deaths by age group. Rather, it represents, for a person in a given age group, the risk of dying if infected with COVID-19.
Daily new cases outside of China
Total cases outside of China
U.S. Coronavirus cases
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||21||+3||21||6.4|
|Trinidad and Tobago||2||+1||2||1.4|
|Antigua and Barbuda||1||1|
|St. Vincent Grenadines||1||1|
|U.S. Virgin Islands||1||+1||1|
Updated info (last 24 hours)
- “Greenland does not have any cases of COVID-19 at the moment but in a preemptive move on the 13th March the Danish Government closed off the borders to non-Danish citizens who do not have a recognized purpose for entering the Danish Realm including Greenland and the Faroe Islands.” -Visitgreenland
- “Donald Trump tested negative for the coronavirus, his doctor said on Saturday, as the U.S. president extended a travel ban to Britain and Ireland to try to slow the spread of a pandemic that has shut down much of the daily routine of American life.
Trump said Americans should reconsider non-essential travel, and that his administration was also considering domestic travel restrictions. ” -Reuters
- “Central American countries Panama, Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador on Saturday took further steps to contain the fast-spreading coronavirus in the region with measures ranging from bans on large gatherings to travel restrictions.
Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador all banned public gatherings to avoid the coronavirus spreading as quickly as it has in countries in Asia and Europe. Panama had banned large gatherings earlier.
Meanwhile, authorities in Panama said flights arriving from Europe and Asia would be temporarily suspended, with the exception of flights that transport doctors, medical equipment or other humanitarian aid. ” -Reuters
- “Czech pubs prepared to turn off the taps early on Friday for the world’s biggest beer drinkers after the government declared a 30-day state of emergency in an attempt to contain the coronavirus outbreak. ” -Reuters
- “The number of new coronavirus cases that came to mainland China from overseas surpassed the number of locally transmitted new infections for the second time on Saturday, data released by the National Health Commission (NHC) showed on Sunday. ” -Reuters
- “Countries around the world on Saturday continued to close borders, impose strict entry and quarantine requirements and restrict large gatherings in efforts to contain the spread of the new coronavirus. ” -Reuters
- ” Spain put its 47 million inhabitants under partial lockdown on Saturday as part of a 15-day state of emergency to combat the coronavirus epidemic in Europe’s second worst-affected country by the disease after Italy.
Effective immediately, all Spaniards must stay home except to buy food, medicines, go to work or to the hospital or for emergencies.
Bars, restaurants, and shops selling anything but food and other staples must shut down. All leisure and sports activities also have to close, including cinemas, theaters, swimming pools or football grounds.
“We will (eventually) return to the routine of our jobs and again visit our friends and loved ones,” Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez said in a nationally televised address. ” -Reuters
- “France will shut shops, restaurants and entertainment facilities from Sunday with its 67 million people told to stay home in a country where the number of cases has doubled in 72 hours. ” – Reuters
- “- Italy agreed a series of measures to improve health controls in factories, offices and other workplaces that have been allowed to stay open during the country’s lockdown.
- The British government will ban mass gatherings from next week, an escalation of its crisis plan that critics had said was too relaxed. ” – Reuters
- (Prime Minister Shinzo) “Abe said Japan is still preparing to host the Olympics, despite rising global concern about the viability of the summer Games.” – Reuters
- “Rwanda has confirmed its first case of coronavirus, an Indian citizen who arrived in the East African nation from Mumbai on March 8, the Health Ministry said.
- Other African nations to have reported cases of the virus include Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Senegal, Togo, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Sudan, Kenya and Ethiopia. ” – Reuters
- “Apple Inc (AAPL.O) said it is closing all its retail stores, except those in Greater China, for the next two weeks to minimize the risk of coronavirus transmission, a move that was followed by several U.S. retailers on Saturday. ” – Reuters
- “Britain told manufacturers to ramp up the country’s production of ventilators and ordered private hospitals to prepare for an overspill of patients from the public health service as the death toll from coronavirus grew on Saturday. ” – Reuters
- “Britain’s food retailers appealed to shoppers on Sunday to stop panic buying during the coronavirus outbreak, saying purchasing more than they need would mean others will be left without. ” – Reuters
- “Teaneck, New Jersey, mayor asks all residents to self-quarantine and to only leave their home for food or medicine – WABC” -BNO News
- “Berlin bans all gatherings with more than 50 people and closes cinemas, casinos, museums, and other entertainment venues in effort to stop coronavirus” – BNO News
- “Belgium’s health ministry says ‘lockdown parties’ are hurting efforts to stop coronavirus: “We are making enormous efforts as a country to protect our health care sector and vulnerable people. We hope everyone takes their responsibility” – BNO News
- (UK) Meanwhile, government sources said mass gatherings might soon be banned in the UK to ease pressure on emergency services. It is thought a ban could take effect as early as next weekend.” – BBC
*From Imgur* A new website is officially in the works and will be going live in the next few days to a week! It’s aimed to be a much more broad conglomeration of news to compliment Imgur posts (I’ll still be here!) But I’ll be updating it with similar, condensed news in categories like Technology, Good news, Environmental news, and Preparedness tips. Couldn’t have done it without @gtmd93! There is currently just a placeholder: the website will be www.bunker-report.com I’ll put the ‘going live’ announcement here when that happens! It’s obviously still under construction.
Thank you all to have sent/continue to send news articles; I do receive them but can’t reply to everyone with the increasing number of messages, but try to get back to who I can!
Every day updates vs every other day survey: https://www.strawpoll.me/19491804
Graduate Work Survey 1 (potential info for a thesis/paper) May branch out after this one:https://www.strawpoll.me/19491809
Thank you thefuzziestofbutts for the link, and choicebutts2 for the idea: Alexa store uh-oh app! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085Q3VN2N/?ref-suffix=ss_copy
I want to thank everyone for their support and positive feedback! If I don’t reply to your thanks or comments, it’s not because I didn’t see them- I just can’t answer everyone, but I try to get to at least a few!
All these lovely images provided by @Sequ892
Bunker Communications Hub Discord Server: Feel free to join our growing community! New Area-specific channels added by @TheRealWhaleLord (The Administrator) more coming soon!
*Contact details added. Feel free to sign up to be a source for information in your local area and connect with others, as well as talk with users in ‘hot zones’ (Areas affected by the virus.) https://discord.gg/3fyuSeA
Any and all support is greatly appreciated as these daily posts/answering questions is all done in my free time amid a full time job/graduate work. And…well, bills. =P
News will never be locked behind a paywall.
Patreon supporters will get an email notification with a condensed update that links to here. (And access to any fun things I add with tiers- laminated uh-oh scales, knick-knacks, etc. I am open to suggestions, by the way!
I’ve shifted to Ko-Fi from gofundme, as someone asked for an alternative, and this one is more sustainable, I think. While I don’t drink coffee…just replace that with an MRE!
I cannot thank those who have supported me enough in this, I really do appreciate it!
New Website: www.bunker-report.com *Not yet live
Maps and charts: